Saturday, October 30, 2010

the time has (finally) come!

I know that I called you all about the news, but I figured I'd post as well, just in case.

I finally made it. I am on my way to becoming a nurse. No more wondering about schedules, study abroads, graduation, jobs, back up plans, and my life in general. It's no more just a reality but is real life. Now when people ask about my major I don't need to feel awkward about telling them I am a nursing major, then when they tell me how hard it is to get in, and ask if i'm in yet, I can tell them proudly, Yes. I am. I am a nurse.

This is what I've wanted since I was 14. I have never wanted something so bad in my life!  It hardly feels like a reality yet to me.  I keep imagining those words in the email I received -- Dear Student: Congratulations! Your application for entrance to the Nursing P...  and wonder if i'm still in a dream.
It is such a relief to know that I don't have to constantly worry.  No matter my state of being, the Nursing Program still lingered in the back of my mind and daunted my every move and thought unconsciously. I can now let that all go and relax. I am in. Now the only thing I have to stress about is getting a C or better in all of my classes... piece of cake!

Thanks for all your advice, guidance, listening ears, support, and prayers. I couldn't have done it without you. I love you :)


If you want more details go to my blog

2 comments:

Carol T. said...

The nursing program will love you and you will be the best nurse. We love you.

larainydays said...

I just wish you could wear a little white cap like nurses did when I was a little girl. You will be a wonderful nurse.