We also both ran the Rex Lee Run!! It's a 5k that raises money to help fund cancer research on campus. Rex Lee was a former BYU President and he died of cancer, thus the Rex Lee Run! Neither of us had run since Christmas... But we finished hard and strong! Last year I ran it in 43 minutes and this year Kathryn and I crossed the finish line at the same time at 36 minutes! We rocked it! :)
This is what I've been up to:
Nursing School!!! :) I start Geriatrics next semester as well as clinicals! I'm going to a nursing home in Springville -- 5:45am to 12 noon. Fun...
I also went Cross Country Skiing with my Outdoor Skills Leadership class. Do you like my outfit? It was Grandma Karens... at least the coat was. and it still has tags on it from 1999 and 2000... sooo 80's! Can you say moon boots?! :) I got lots of comments on my outfit
Finally, I went Snow shoeing with some friends of mine to Stuart Falls! It was my first time going to Stuart Falls as well as snow shoeing! There wasn't a trail formed yet, so we trailblazed our own way... it was quite the feat! We were 'stair stepping' in snow up to our waists! Very tiring but very rewarding. We all took turns going first.
My friend Rico. He organized the trip.


3 comments:
The picture in the heading looks great!
I think I wore that coat of Karen's (or one very similar) once upon a time too. You pull it off much better than I ever did!
You're outdoor activities look like a lot of fun, especially your outdoor class. (btw, is Rico still in the ward?! He was there before I got married!)
With all of that outdoor fun, when do you have time for school? You will be in heaven with the geriatrics crowd, Anna, your dream come true. FUN! FUN! FUN!
Oh yes, Rico is STILL there.... haha but he's great! rumor is he's moving out this summer, but we'll see... I love my outdoor class and recommend it to everyone!
Oh don't worry mom, there is plenty of time for school.... :) I still get good grades :)
Old people rock!!
Post a Comment