Monday, February 18, 2008

Winter Formal

Sorry it's so late... I had other things to do and didn't get around to it. But here it is anyway.



To ask Devin, I built a snowman that says: "There's Sno-man I'd rather go to Winter Formal with... will you be my date?"
My friends Lucas Bodine and Haley Jones went to the ice rink with me and helped me build the snowman. We loaded it into Lucas' truck, then Devin's dad gave us a wheelbarrow to use to transport it from the truck to the door (it was a long walk). Lucas loaded it up and dumped it in front of the door and then we started to built up. Mom gave me charcoal for his eyes and buttons and a random scarf we had and we found two branches from the grapefruit tree in our backyard. When we were building the snowman, Devin's brother was there and wanted to help us, so we let him (that's who the little kid in the picture is).

These are pictures we took before I left to go pick up Devin Oakes (my date). Mom made my dress and finished it that morning. I love the dress and I love the color. Mom found the fabric at Joann's and thought it was really pretty.


This is at Devin's house when I went to pick him up. He is the oldest child so his parents are really into it.


It was a good date, we had fun, and I'm glad I asked him. Sorry the pictures aren't very good, but it's because they are pictures I took of pictures Devin gave to me that his Dad took.

2 comments:

Jon and Sarah said...

WoW ! What a sharp lookin' couple. Sounds like you had a fun time asking him out. So what did you do for the date? ~Jon

Julia said...

You look beautiful! I think the snowman was my favorite way of asking to all my high school dances. Great choice! It looks like you had a fun time. I'll have to take a closer look at your dress this weekend. It's fun to get a formal of your very own.