About two weeks ago, I got asked to Prom by my very good friend, Lucas Bodine, the nephew of Netina and Jerry Bodine in our ward. I honestly didn't think I'd get asked this year, but supposedly he'd been planning it for a while. So on Monday night I found this 25lb sack of flour on our doorstep. I looked through it, dumping out all the flour and little notes throughout. On one of the notes it said, "Sift through the flour to find out who's asking you". I didn't find it the first time going through, so I did as the note said and sifted all the flour back into the sack. Nothing was found, so we waited.
About an hour later another knock came and it was a vase of flowers that said, "Oops wrong flower, Will you go to prom with me?" Lucas Bodine. It was very cute.
So General Conference weekend, I spent my Saturday making 180 chocolate chip cookies. Inside one of the cookies I baked "Yes!" written on a piece of paper into one the cookies.
I talked to him on Monday and he said they didn't look through and break all the cookies in half to find the answer, they just left them and hoped they'd find it eventually. Then on Thursday, he came up to me and told me that he found the "yes cookie", well, actually his sister did, the first cookie she picked up to eat.
Prom is April 26 and I am so excited! I'll post you then about how it goes.
2 comments:
That's so fun, Anna! You'll have a great time. That is a really cute idea that he used to ask you. He seems like a fun guy. Can't wait to see pictures of the dance and your beautiful "Enchanted" dress.
Hi Toone Family, this is your cousin Liza. Just looking at your blog and it is so cute and fun! This is a fun way to look and see how all of you are doing! Hope you are all doing well! Love, Liza
Post a Comment