Sunday, May 4, 2008

We Miss Our NaNa


When Mom and Dad went to England to visit Alyson and James, Sarah came to babysit us and Natalie came to play with us. Every day when I'd come home from school, I'd hear Natalie calling, "Anna, Anna!" no matter where she was. Then she'd either go play in her little kiddie pool and slide down into it for about 10 minutes then she'd get cold and we'd wrap her up into a towel and hold her and cuddle while she warmed up, or she'd simply just strip her clothes off to play in the pool naked without her swimsuit, and, oops, sorry Sarah, teaching her to sit down in the grass to go pee pee in her swimsuit because I didn't want to take her, which she then thought she could do in any of her clothes every time she was outside, or jumping on the tramp (a favorite of hers), or even just sitting on my bed with me while I did my homework and she scribbled over everything I gave her, or didn't give her. Oh, and how could I forget, teaching her to walk on the tredmill (on the very lowest speed, might I add)!

When I came home from school the day after they left, it was pretty lonely coming home to a quiet house and not hearing anyone call my name. She was the biggest distraction of the week and we didn't get much done, but we sure loved having her over and we miss that funny, cute tantrum throwing two year old. We love you NaNa!

No comments: