
I went to Basketball Camp with Corinn at BYU near the end of June. When we first got there then we checked in at the Marriott center and that is where we got our lunch tag, t-shirt, and lanyard. Then Sister Eddington and her friend drove us to Helaman Halls - Chipman Hall. We checked in at the lobby of our hall and that is where we got our key to our room. We had to stay on the 3rd floor! It was awful having to walk up the stairs with all of our luggage. The rooms are so small. They have 2 beds with a little fridge, and 2 feet beside them you have a closet thing with a desk and a sink. I don't understand how people can live in those things for 1 whole year! I would go crazy. Then we met at the Smith Field House and introduced us to our Coaches. Then we practiced for about an hour and then went to lunch. The food reminds me alot of school food; card board-ish tasting. I just had pb&j sandwiches for lunch everyday and maybe some jello. They had really good brownies! I could always depend on those. For the rest of that day then it just followed the normal schedule. The camp was well organized and everything but you didn't learn anything from it. We just played scrimmages all day. My team was called the "Cash Money Millionettes". We got to the semi-championships. The camp isn't something that i would ever want to go to again, unless I had a bunch of friends going because there was a group of s from St. George and I know they had alot of fun. So over all, it was kind of a crummy camp. Here is my general agenda from day to day: 7:30 a.m. Breakfast and preparation (campus housing participants)
9:00 a.m. Roll call and morning workouts (Camp starts for all participants)
Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. Roll call and afternoon workouts
4:45 p.m. Dinner
6:00 p.m. Roll call and evening games (rotating tournaments)
8:30 p.m. End of day for non-housing participants
10:00 p.m. Counselor devotional
10:15 p.m. Head count and bed check (athletes–– remember to be on time for head count!)
10:30 p.m. Lights out
9:00 a.m. Roll call and morning workouts (Camp starts for all participants)
Noon Lunch
1:00 p.m. Roll call and afternoon workouts
4:45 p.m. Dinner
6:00 p.m. Roll call and evening games (rotating tournaments)
8:30 p.m. End of day for non-housing participants
10:00 p.m. Counselor devotional
10:15 p.m. Head count and bed check (athletes–– remember to be on time for head count!)
10:30 p.m. Lights out
No comments:
Post a Comment