Sunday, May 10, 2009

Prom

Prom was a couple weeks ago, or something like that… Anyway, it was a blast! I loved it!! I went with Jake Adams. We didn’t really know each other, I mean we knew who each other were but that was it. We got along so well though, you’d never know that that night was the first time we’d ever done anything together. My dress I got a t Arizona Bridal about 4 days before prom – it’s really difficult to find a cheap modest prom dress these days and it’s actually a size too small so dinner was a little tight! It’s an olive green color but it’s iridescent so in the right light it’s purple! Thankfully though in our pictures – the ones we took at Stonebridge – my dress was mostly green so we matched! Julia arrived here from Utah at about 3 that day and was here to help me get ready. I owe her a big thanks because we fiddled, did and re-did my hair about 5 times, even borrowing curling irons, etc from the neighbors and finally we just gave up and put it up and did something with it in about 15 minutes. Thanks Julia, I love you!

Dinner was AMAZING!! It was a two and a half hour, five course dinner! I think it’s some of the best food I’ve ever had…except for Mom’s, of course… :) Funny thing was, it didn’t seem like it took that long. But before we knew it, it was 10:00 and we had to get to the dance before it was over. The dance was fun for the 45 minutes or so we were there, and the night activity didn’t really work out so we just watched a movie which was great! It wasn’t a super fancy big who-ha that prom’s supposed to be but I liked it that way. It was a great night!

These pictures were taken at the MAC (Mesa Arts Center). It’s a great place to go get pictures taken! There are so many colorful, different textured walls perfect for all sorts of effects and things. Plus it’s free!!

P. S. The boutonniere Jake is wearing... Mom made it! Isn't it great! She's AMAZING!!!




This is just a bike we found… we wanted to pick it up and move it… but it was strapped down. But we still got good pictures on it! (Mom says that’s an Audrey Hepburn face)



L-R Tanner Nelson, Makensy Donaldson, Anna Toone, Jake Adams, Brenn Cole, Jake Paterson, Katie Travis, Spencer King





3 comments:

Julia said...

Your pictures look great, and you looked beautiful that night. It was fun to be there to help you out and see it all "live." (let's plan out more time for your hair when your wedding comes around.)

Kathryn said...

so cute!

Brooklyn said...

WOW! Breathtaking! You are so beautiful Anna! What a gorgeous dress - and that you got it cheap makes it look even better!