Some cool things we got to do were going in to the very top of the dome in the capitol building. It was so amazing! This wasn't even the view from the very top!
This is the mural on the ceiling of the capitol building.
My favorite thing that we don't have any pictures of is when Jeff Flake (Corinn's uncle) took us on the house floor to vote. It was a full house. All of the Congressmen were there. I got to stick the card in the slot and push the yes or no button. Congressmen from other states let us vote for them too. It was so fun! I saw Nancy Pelosi from 5 feet away.
On the last day then we went out of town into small town called St. Michaels. It was right off of the chesapeake bay. It was just a really relaxed fun day.
My karate kid moment of the day (above).
4 comments:
Karen, I really like the karate kid one. It looks like you are floating on the water. It took me a minute to figure out where you were actually standing. Cute dress in the picture below too.
We did have a really fun trip. We stayed at Laraine's cousin's house (Grand-dad's student) and drove into town each day with him. (It made for a very inexpensive trip.) We went to the Holocaust Museum the day before the shooting. We really did have once in a lifetime experiences because of Jeff's connections. We owe the success of the whole trip to the Eddington's. Fun to be with Karen and great friends.
What a fun trip with great people! You definitely got to see some very cool things. I'm glad, Karen, you got a chance to see Washington, D.C. and government up close.
That looks so fun. I'm glad you guys went. (wish I could have come too!) You really did get to experience some cool things.
Post a Comment