Sunday, October 5, 2008

Homecoming

Due to the chastisement of my sister, I thought I'd post Homecoming sooner than I normally would.
I went to Homecoming! I got asked a few weeks ago by my good friend Jamison Jones. He's got red curly hair and is on the swim team. I haven't seen or talked to him really since freshman year, so it really surprized me when I found out it was him.
I came home one Friday night from being out and saw my top bed cover made up, I inquired about it yet didn't think anything of it, until I turned down my bed and saw this:

It says: Anna, If I bug you enough will you go to homecoming with me?
My first thought was... Oh no! He had to see my room like this?? (It was pre-bomb explosion period). Then I looked and looked and didn't find anything about who it was, so I kept looking and finally found his name on one of the little pink snakes: Jamison.

On the Monday after, I answered him with this:

A pot of dirt (cream cheese pudding stuff with crushed oreos) and flowers in it. On the flowers I put three little letters: Y E S. Mom came with me to drop it off on his door step. I rang the doorbell and ran. We drove around the neighborhood a couple of times and went to see if it was gone. We couldn't see from the street so Mom parked the car and I was going up to the door to see. But I took 3 steps towards the door when I got a text.... it was from Jamison and it said :D

Then came the day activity. We were supposed to go to the lake the day of Homecoming but I had to take the SAT so we went to the zoo the week before. Much to my surprize, it was a lot of fun! I really liked it. There were about 15 couples there, plus a ton of others we saw, too. Before we left, we got into small groups at Joe Udall's house and made picture scavenger hunts for eachother so we'd have something to do while we were there. For example: Kiss an aligator (the gift shop was a great help), Sit on every seat of the tram (Anna, Jamison Jones, Devin Oakes, Laura Richgels).


After the zoo we went to Panda's and had lunch, then we went to some guys house and had a shaving cream party! There were about 8-10 couples there. We had 16 bottles of shaving cream and it was a big, fun mess! We were all covered in it! Our hair was drenched, it was in our eyes, our mouth (it doesn't taste good)... just EVERY WHERE!!! Then we got hosed off and went swimming in the pool. Another plus, I smelled like boy the rest of the night.


Now, the dance. He picked me up a little before 7, just after priesthood. We took pictures here, then took pictures at his house so we wouldn't have to buy them at the dance. We went to Caleb Barton's house and ate dinner with 9 other couples. Then we took more pictures and finally went to the dance. We said our mandatories, such as, "Hey, you look so cute!", etc. then we danced then we took a BIG group picture.... meaning there were 60 of us in it!!! Don't ask me how... Then we danced some more and finally left. We drove to Trevor Larsen's house and changed our clothes and watched a little Brian Reagen, played What If, Catch Phrase, and a little more Brian Reagen. It was now nearing 12:30 and I had to go home so we left and that was it! Oh, and on the way over to Trevor's... Jamison and I stood up and stuck our heads out of the sun roof in Lucas' car and it was so fun!! Then on the way home, Jamison, me, and Kaitlyn (Lucas' date) all stuck our heads out of the car... It was so much fun! Anyway, that was the night and I loved it!! Definitely one of my favorite dances, and possibly my favorite. The End.



By the way, my dress was AMAZING!!! One day, I was nonchalantly looking through the fabric store and saw this fabric. Immediately I began designing the dress in my head. I tried to explain it to Mom, but she didn't get it, nor did she like it, but I assured her that it would turn out good and she would like it when it was finished. Sure enough, after laboring over it for the past week, she admitted that she'd never pick it out, yet she did like it and it's definitely an Anna dress. But the absolute best part about it is..... it TWIRLS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two certainly make a cute couple with matching hair! It sounds like you had a lot of fun, but be careful sticking your heads out of sunroofs. It's a real bummer if a cop is behind you.

Anonymous said...

Do you know this from personal experience???

Anonymous said...

Well, yes, in fact. For a freshman dance, I took a big group to granddad's house to watch Wait Until Dark. On the way there, people in two cars were having fun sticking their torsos out of the sunroofs... that is until a cop came up behind the second car without anybody realizing it. He turned on his lights just as we turned on to 9th E. from Center. The only place to pull over was in Granddad's driveway. We all got off fine and the cop advised the boys to get us ladies home safely after enjoying a movie with our grandfather. Who knows if grandad noticed the cop lights in his driveway, but he did comment when we walked in, "I'm glad to see you arrived here safely."

Julia said...

Your dress is cute, Anna. Jamison has an awesome tie on. It looks like you had a great time, and he's a lot of fun. Thanks for the post!

Unknown said...

Darling dress, Anna!

But then again, what wouldn't look good on you??

Looks like fun--best kind of dance!