Sunday, October 5, 2008

Updates...

So here's a few 'update' pictures for you.

We're enjoying our new place. It isn't perfect with all of its old-building-in-the-city quirks, but we are enjoying the space. We have just enough rooms for our furniture (a desk room, a futon room, a bed room, and a table room). The layout is a bit strange for the size. This first picture shows our entrance door on the left and our long hall way which leads into the kitchen with the bedroom and bathroom on the right. There is another doorway in the kitchen leading into another room. When you open our front door you see two doorways (going into two rooms you can't see in the picture) with the hallway around the corner on your left.
This picture is half of our kitchen. We have a great new stove and fridge. The space is nice in the kitchen but it doesn't have much built in countertop space. The brick wall is also exposed in our 'futon' room and our bedroom. It is a little different, but I guess it adds character.
More exciting for you than our apartment update is our physical update. I (Alyson) continue to grow each week. I've warded off stretch marks so far and let's hope that I can keeep them away for 9 more weeks (yep- that's all I have left!). Pregnancy hasn't really slowed me down much. I still ride my bike to work and I've started swimming 2-3 times a week. To show my 'progress', the first picture was taken when I was about 24 weeks and the second one was taken at 31 weeks. I guess people are right. I've finally 'popped.'

How could we show a true physical update on our family without including James?! Despite the increasing number of fall harvest desserts in the house, James continues to keep his tummy from growing by running 5 miles three times a week.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Thanks for the pregnant photo, Alyson. You are looking really good. Crazy to think you are almost done.

Props on the bicycling. I think I've given up for the year--that hill south of campus is too hard.