Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Just keep swimming...
I think that often life moves along faster than we are prepared for, but we just have to trudge along the best we can. For a small update on Burke and me... Burke is no longer working at the MTC, he quit just before fall semester began. We decided it was the right time, and his grades are more important than work so that we can get into optometry school. His schedule is loaded with math and science classes for the next year. He was selected to intern with an optometrist for the semester; we are really excited about that. He is also president of the Daxton Wilde Foundation (nonprofit cancer organization that subsidizes funds for families whose children have cancer) this semester. As for me, I am working at the School of Technology part time. I recently added an editing minor to my humanities major, and I love it. This year, I am the editor-in-chief of a small student journal called Borrowed Earth. I don't really know what I am getting myself into yet, but it will be a good experience. I have put my French minor on hold, probably for good. Life and school keep us busy busy busy, but we are having fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keep going Julia and Burke! We know what that is like to both be in school and working. That sounds great about the switch to optometry. James' brother (Michael) also plans to go to optometry school, so we've heard all about what it takes to be an eye doctor.
Post a Comment